District

Sant’Ambrogio

History

Since 1300

The pharmacy was founded in the 14th century on the corner of Via Verdi and Via Pietrapiana, called Canto alle Rondini. The interior decoration, in neo-Gothic style, was designed by the architect Adolfo Coppedè, who commissioned the artist Umberto Bartoli to create a tabernacle with the Madonna delle Rondini, which was lost in the flood of 1966. In 1938, during the “building reorganisation” ordered by the fascist authorities, the building was demolished and the pharmacy was moved to its present location on Via Pietrapiana. The furniture was adapted to the new premises as well as the wall decorations and the ceiling’s wooden coffering.

Contacts

Address: Via Pietrapiana,83/r

Email: info@farmaciacantoallerondini.com

Phone: +39 055 240703