District

Piazza della Repubblica

History

Since 1556

The Farmacia Molteni was founded as an apothecary’s shop and had a diamond as its shop sign, so that the street corner was then called “Canto al Diamante” (Diamond Corner). It was always owned by Florentine nobles and served the most powerful families of the city of Florence, the Seignory, and the Grand Duchy. In 1892 it took its current name: Farmacia Molteni, and the director, Alfredo Alitti, created a laboratory in the back of the pharmacy. This was the first in Italy to start producing sterile vials and “Steridrolo Molteni”, which was used by the Italian army during the African campaign.

Contacts

Address: Via dei Calzaiuoli, 7/r

Website: http://www.farmacia-molteni.com

Email: info@farmacia-molteni.com

Phone: +39 055 215472