History
Since 1903
Hotel Baglioni became a hotel at the wish of its owner who, having moved to Rome, entrusted the building to Leopoldo Baglioni, an experienced hotelier and owner of other accommodation facilities. The inauguration took place on 12 August 1903. The transformation was not an easy matter, considering that the ground floor was accessed by carriage and there was a courtyard and stables where the large hall now stands. The work was entrusted to the engineer Rampolli, who was able to maintain the characteristics that distinguished the hotel by enhancing the grand staircase and the halls on the first floor. At that time, the hotel had 64 rooms and 18 bathrooms; in 1907, it was expanded to 117 rooms and 51 bathrooms – a real refinement for the time. The history of the Hotel, also marked by the passage of two wars and the tragic flood of 1966, was linked to the Baglioni family, who succeeded one another for four generations, until 1972. Several years ago, management passed to the CIA company, which renewed the hotel’s image, emphasising its origin as a princely palace through its restoration.
Contacts
Address: P.za dell'Unità Italiana, 6
Website: http://www.hotelbaglioni.it
Email: promotion@hotelbaglioni.it
Phone: +39 055 23580

