District

Fuori le Mura

History

Since 1959

The construction of the building dates back to the early 1900s as a farmhouse used for stables. In 1923, the first documents of the business appear under the name “Trattoria Della Barriera” al Bandino, as it was once a tollhouse where travelers coming from the Chiantigiana road and the Piana a Ripoli were required to stop and pay a toll to enter the beautiful city of Florence.

In 1959, the tradition of restaurateurs began with our parents, who renamed it “Trattoria da Goffredo.” The establishment included food, wine serving, a trattoria, rotisserie with home delivery service, and later a pizzeria. It quickly became, with great effort, a well-established local spot, a reference in the city, especially for enjoying the meat cooked on the impressive rotisserie, particularly the authentic “Bistecca alla Fiorentina” grilled over a wood fire.

In 1985, after a complete renovation, it was renamed “Ristorante La Piazzetta” and has been passionately run by the brothers Dario, Enrico, and Francesco.

Contacts

Address: Via di Ripoli, 167

Website: http://www.lapiazzetta.com

Email: info@lapiazzetta.com

Phone: +39 055 6800253