District

Santa Croce

History

Since 1911

The Trattoria Pallottino was founded in 1911 by Amedeo Pesci. From its opening until the ’50s, the restaurant was located on Via Isola delle Stinche and specialised in serving wines with a small kitchen. On the same street, named “Via del Mercatino” according to the toponymy of the time, there was a small but very crowded food market that, towards the end of October on the feast of St. Simon and Judas, lit up with the colours and scents of autumn offering chestnuts at every stall, as per tradition. In the mid-50s, the Pesci family’s very popular venue, at the centre of the soul of the neighbourhood, was expanded, becoming a real trattoria. In 1966, the Florence flood reached a height of six metres in the premises but, despite this, the trattoria is still located in the same place after a hundred years.

Contacts

Address: Via Isola delle Stinche, 1/r

Website: http://trattoriapallottino.com

Email: trattoriapallottino@yahoo.it

Phone: +39 055 2608887