District

Fuori le Mura

History

Since 1956

In 1956, Valerio Buccioni together with his father Sabatino and his mother Fidalma took over the business of a popular, historic trattoria in the San Frediano district, calling it Trattoria Sabatino. The premises of the Trattoria, initially located at 39/r Borgo San Frediano, were rooted in a more than century-old tradition: in the distant 18th century, they housed the refectory of a former convent and later, in the 20th century, a sort of popular canteen-trattoria the simple and hospitable characteristics of which are still passed down. In the 1950s, the trattoria was the usual meeting place where people would play cards in the afternoons between a red wine and a Tuscan prosciutto sandwich. In November 1966, the flood of Florence devastated the place but the business resumed and, in 1999, was moved to its present location on Via Pisana maintaining the original furniture of the era.
Today, the business continues thanks to Laura, Valerio’s wife, together with her daughters Ilaria and Letizia and her son-in-law Massimo.

Contacts

Address: Via Pisana, 2/r