History
Since 1921
In 1920, Pasquale Bianchi, grandfather of the current owner, opened this grocery shop (tobacco, groceries, and café) in the heart of the historic centre of the Oltrarno, in Piazza San Felice 8/r. Some years later, he left the business to his son Bruno, who moved the restaurant to its present location in 1929, transforming it completely. He enriched it with bakery and wine products and furnished it with a splendid counter in pink Verona marble, an extremely characteristic bar counter, and a wall with a wrought iron shop window, as well as the entrance door and the sign. His son Luciano expanded the wine shop in the 60s, specialising in national and international wines and spirits. In 1996, Luciano changed the name to “Caffè Bianchi” and completely renovated the premises but left the furnishings, structures, and interior style unchanged, enhancing everything with a magnificent pink Verona marble floor like the counter.
Contacts
Address: P.zza San Felice, 5/r
Email: caffebianchi@gmail.com
Phone: +39 055 224406

