History
Since
The Caffè Pieri was opened in 1923 by Emilio Pieri, who managed it until 1957. It was one of the first bars in Florence to have a billiard room and, in the 1950s, a television. In June 1944, the Germans set up a command inside the bar for several days, and in the following month of August, the Allies took over. There remains a dramatic photographic record from August 1944, during the liberation of Florence, showing a group of partisans stationed in front of the bar as they return fire from a German sniper on a roof in Via della Chiesa. After 1957, several different managements took over until 2007, when it was acquired by the current owners, Silvia and Paola Coni.
Contacts
Address: Via dei Serragli, 96/r
Phone: +39 055 2335044

