Fiaschetteria da “Il Latini”

District

Ognissanti

History

Since 1898

Founded, it seems, in 1898 by Angelo Latini on Via della Vigna Nuova as a wine store and grocer, in 1950 the venue was transformed into a café, run by Narciso’s wife. In 1960, the business was transferred to the old stables of Palazzo Rucellai, the current headquarters, and later, in 1964, the venue was converted into a real trattoria. It was Count Bernardo Rucellai himself who suggested the name for the establishment, while the Count’s son took care of the furnishings, giving the place the characteristic atmosphere of a sober Tuscan trattoria, with wooden furniture, wine and ham displays, and salami hanging from the ceiling. It suffered severe damage with the 1966 flood. Since 1982, the trattoria has hosted the now famous literary prize “il Latini” that takes place every year on the first Saturday of May and that has awarded prizes to the most eminent figures in the Italian cultural world. Since 2000, the venue has also hosted the “enogastronomy” award, which takes place in autumn. Today the restaurant is run by Mr Torello Latini (fourth generation of the Latini family).

Contacts

Address: Via dei Palchetti, 6/r

Website: http://www.illatini.com

Email: info@illatini.com

Phone: +39 055 210916