History
Since inizi del '900, 1920
The Locchi workshop was originally called “Mariani” and was located on Via dell’Orto in the heart of San Frediano. It was purchased by Augusto Locchi in the 1920s for his son Italo. Italo Locchi turned out to be a very good craftsman, a great grinder, and an intelligent man who was able, at the right time, to adapt production to the changing needs of customers. He began to make ground and engraved glasses, including on antique models, for the houses of Florentine nobles, to reproduce antique pieces that had been lost on sample, and to design and create his own line of glass and crystal objects. The workshop on Via dell’Orto closed in the mid-1950s and then moved to its current location on Via Burchiello. When Italo Locchi died (1964), his daughter-in-law Paola Vannoni Locchi took over. While initially she had to devote herself to the company due to circumstantial obligations, Paola soon became passionate about the business, the only one of its kind. She still leads it today, with dedication, together with her young daughter-in-law Giovanna Ghepardi Locchi, assisted by four very good grinders.
Contacts
Address: Via Burchiello, 10
Website: http://www.locchi.com
Email: laboratorio@locchi.com
Phone: +39 055 2298371

