District

Piazza della Repubblica

History

Since 1895

Founded in 1895 by the Marchionni family, this haberdasher was based on Via Calimala 13/r where it operated until 2006. Around 1920, Mr Quercioli and Mr Lucherini became the owners of the shop. During the Second World War, the shop’s cellar was used as a shelter to allow the inhabitants of the district to protect themselves during the bombings that struck Florence. Later, Giovanni Goggioli became sole owner of the store, which kept the old name of the company. Goggioli had started his career in the Quercioli e Lucherini haberdashery in 1938 as a shop boy. In 2006, the business had to move to new premises on Via della Porta Rossa; nevertheless, the owners Stefano and Marisa Goggioli, Giovanni’s children, have preserved the atmosphere that has always distinguished this old Florentine haberdashery in the spirit of family tradition. Before the move, customers bought a piece of wire or tape as a souvenir. The new premises were chosen because they were suitable for housing the historical counter.

Contacts

Address: Via Porta Rossa, 45/r

Email: quercioli.firenze@libero.it

Phone: +39 055 292035