District

Santo Spirito

History

Since 1949

The Beconcini brothers were farmers from the municipality of Cerreto Guidi, about 30 km from Florence. In January 1949, they decided to change their lives and, after selling a pair of oxen, they purchased a trattoria in Via dei Serragli from Angiolo Coppetta, who had owned it since 1929. The trattoria was furnished with marble tables and cast-iron bases, and the counter had a marble top with white and blue tile cladding. Large wrought-iron shelves with wooden planks lined the walls, on which were stacked wine flasks arranged in a pyramid shape. The clientele of that time was very popular, consisting of carters, garbage collectors, workers, and generally people who enjoyed a glass of wine.

In April 1969, two of the three brothers retired from the business, and Gino Beconcini became the sole owner. Along with his wife Andreina, their son Giordano, and later daughter-in-law Nola, they continued to offer traditional Florentine cuisine and the simplicity of family management.

In 2009, the business was purchased by the Civale family, who maintained the now well-established family atmosphere created by their predecessors, continuing to offer homemade dishes with traditional Tuscan flavors.

Contacts

Address: Via dei Serragli, 35/r

Website: http://www.ginone.it

Email: trattoriaginone@gmail.com

Phone: +39 055 218758