District

Piazza della Repubblica

History

Since 1956; camera di commercio 1976

The current owners recall that there was a colour shop already in the second half of the 1800s that, under the name of “Colorificio Toscano”, occupied the premises opposite the current shop and then moved in 1974. The antique glass-painted sign of the old workshop is still preserved. In 1920, Ugo Ercoli took over the shop and turned it into a shop for selling the colours produced in his Calenzano factory. During the Second World War, Ercoli hired Adolfo Zecchi as an employee who, at the beginning of the 50s, redeemed the company. In those days, the shop was a typical “art shop” where they sold colours for artists and craftsmen and household items. In the early ‘70s, with Sandro and Massimo’s joining the company, they consolidated their specialisation in selling materials for the Fine Arts. The company carried out extensive research into traditional materials still available at the time, produced or processed by Florentine craftsmen. In the 1980s, the shop assumed its current look and configuration.

Contacts

Address: Via dello Studio, 19/r

Website: http://www.zecchi.it

Email: info@zecchi.it

Phone: +39 055 211470